<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5405066677901398982?origin\x3dhttp://gleamofmoonlight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </head>

The Gleam of Moonlight

Friday, July 9, 2010

♥~The Best Belated 19th Birthday Present~♥


So after many sleepless nights preparing for exams ( okay, I'm not the kind of person who will sacrifice my sleep), finally the long awaiting winter break has arrived~ And finally some truth is about to be revealed.
A week ago, I was told that my friend is coming over to Adelaide,though I don't know who. And apparently, I wasn't supposed to know as it's meant to be a surprise. I'd hate to burst the bubble,but...who can take the suspense? As the days drew nearer, I kept wondering who'd be coming, worrying that there'll be no extra blankets, pillows and stuff. But the moment I saw you standing right in front of me, 我知道这一切担心都是多余的...

I'm warning you readers, this will be the longest post ever. Do not read it unless you're gonna read it all,haha.

Melissa: Ching ah, I'm going out for a while to do some stuff for jeremy. (yeah right, shouldn't have believed you, keke)

Few minutes later, yu fai came in the door. Haha, oh well, I admit I wasn't really surprised coz I've been guessing that he'd be the one coming to visit me. But the funny thing was, there's supposed to be 2 friends coming. And according to Yu Fai, CHOARONG couldn't make it...Okay fine,I believe you then..but why are you holding the camera around and kept asking me to show you my room?
Few moments later, I saw someone hiding in the bathroom. And man I wasn't only surprised, I was dumbstruck~ I couldn't believe my eyes...Shea Shin is here...

Later that night, we went to have Yiros and AB in North Adelaide. Not bad for the first night eh? Both of you clicked with the others quite well :) And I really had a great night of catching up with you guys :)

And you think the night ended? When we got back to the apartment, Shea Shin took out vacuum cleaners, mop, bleach, pails etc and started to clean the living room, toilet and bathroom. I can tell you no matter how hard you try to stop him from doing that, you're just wasting your energy.
Seems like they enjoy the process of cleaning very much, keke :)
The bathrooms were immaculate. *blink blink*

Day 2

Early in the morning, I was called up to be taught how to sew,haha.

After Having Boost for breakfast, we proceed to Woolworths and Coles to do some grocery shopping because.....
"someone" is planning to cook his famous imperial soup but actually it's just ABC soup~ :P

Had lunch at Dumpling King. The food was awesome and Dee Dee, you look really cute in this picture, haha

 Preparing onigiri for Pooi Leng's 19th birthday

tada~ Arellynn's onigiri~ good job girl! although the ones you made are round and the ones I made look like Mount Lofty. Only Shea Shin's passed, hahaha.
ps: inn,spot the necklace,keke...

~Shea Shin's rosemary chicken~
Hehe, guess what? He got himself a big fan because of the chicken.
Careena : Omg, 我要嫁给他~~! 又会煮, 又自动洗厕所...哈哈
人家说, 要抓住男人的心, 就要先抓住他的胃...in this case, it's the opposite way :P

~~Happy 19th, Pooi Leng~~

Day 3
Headed off to Hahndorf (a german village) first thing in the morning

Loved the fairy garden :)

Mel : OH MY GOD! CHOCOLATES! SWEETS! come come~~
Goodness,Mel...watch out for the cars!!! I know you're excited. But oh well, I wonder when would you be opening the fudge you bought since you're on a diet now, hahaha...SUFFER~!


Had lunch in "the Haus" restaurant.
~Trio of traditional German sausages, roast beef and salad~

Tada~ Shea shin's IMPERIAL ABC soup for dinner, haha. It was not bad :) Though he thought it wasn't up to the standard. He said it was disappointing..hehe...aihhh shea shin shea shin...everything just HAS to be perfecto! These 2 pots of soup lasted us for 4 days..FOUR DAYS! Luckily at the fourth day, he finally said that after many days of slow cooking, it finally turned imperial...:P

Day 4

The fourth day was all about food.

mushrooms omellette

As promised, Shea Shin made pancakes for brekkie :) It was simply divine~
It's supposed to be a mickey mouse but after adding all the ice cream and honey, it looks more like a bear don't cha think? ;)

I wanted to challenge his skills at first, but but!! unexpectedly...he succedded in making the shape!
I don't know if you guys think it's a success,but I really do think it looked like a fairy! But actually it's a butterfly...(turn it upside down) lol...

Went to the market and got everything the "chef" wanted. Look at him...haha...so kiddy!!

Hehe, this was the girl who wanted to marry him, not bad eh? I shouldn't show her face, otherwise someone will kill me, hehe.
I can still remember vividly the first sentence which came out of her mouth when she stepped into our apartment. "Something smells burnt~ How can a chef's cooking be BURNT?!" 
hahaha...and someone went speechless after explaining to her...keke...he just couldn't be bothered :P

 AWESOME FOOD!
~salad, pork ribs, seafood pasta, mash potato and deep fried calamari~
I haven't have such a good meal since....since...


Awwww...the chef's tired...

Day 5

I guess I should make it clear before I proceed with the activities we did on the last day. They were supposed to be leaving today. But in the morning, Shea shin came up to me "come, let's go botanical garden". I was like..."got time meh??" But well, to stop him from saying "aiya, why do you worry so much about our flight blah blah" that kinda thing...we headed off to the botanical gardens.

Yu Fai just love taking pictures of people's back.
I hate the sight of one's back...it just makes you feel so sad...be it someone you've had so much fun with, someone you loved or someone who's left footprints and unforgettable memories in your life

Shea Shin leading the way to find the secret "paradise" :) He just loves to take the path not taken. Guess that's the nature of a scout?

Trying to hide under this tall tree, thinking I didn't realise they've gone missing :P

Somehow I love this picture. Gives me a comfy feeling.


Love this too :) Don't know why. 很有feel 就对了..haha

 
♥Loving the greeneries♥

Yu Fai, smile la! hahaha..why so cool? hehe...

Ish...nothing better to do is it? Are shoelaces that fun to play with?
It was until now that they started revealing the truth to me. The night before, I was onlining and doing some online questionaire that Xing Leng had sent me and this was the result.

蕙恩是最关心你的人,而雪怡是最了解你的人,你们两个在一起会彼此有知己的感觉。 Shuxuan 是你的幸运星,也许会给你带来好运气的哦~!
礼物这首歌最能代表你现在的想法。First Love 这首歌代表你对生活的感受。把本页推荐给你的12 个朋友,你的愿望--- shea shin won't leave so soon 就会实现,信不信由你!

And guess what? They extended their stay. I was really happy yet sad at the same time when I heard that. Why? I guess all of you would be able to guess.


The last dinner :( *sniff*

And then shea shin wanted to try the fried ice-cream to see how good it was. It let him down again, haha. It's not even crispy and hot on the outside. And it cost $5.50 for one!! tsk tsk...bad luck..

See the difference in the way a girl and a guy eat? Lol...

Waiting for the tram after eating. I was soooooooo full I couldn't walk. And it was so cold out there, Shea shin said he wanted to wait for the tram when suddenly something caught his eyes......

The fountain~~ lol...he was willing to WALK home after he saw the fountain. And I still couldn't figure out why is Yu Fai so obedient towards him. Keke...For 5 days, you called him boss,he called you boss...Don't you guys have names? :P

Day 6
So they left. I thought I wouldn't cry. I kept wondering how would I be so strong this time? but the moment they turned and stepped on the bus...I felt something...tears are streaming down..I hate farewells...I hate goodbyes...I didn't want to go home. After a few hours in Uni, I finally got back to the apartment. And there in my drawer, was a packet of chocolates and a piece of paper left by 学迅..

 I smiled when I saw this :) though it slowly faded and my vision was blurred.
Oh and...spot the mistake in the paper..hehe..
Oh and why did you leave malaysia coins here? lol..

After that I found out that you actually missed your flight as you were too busy playing Counter Strike,haha. Okay, you thought u would be able to make it, but still...you didn't.
I felt really bad but I don't know what to say. I know it's not my fault that you missed your flight, but the "extending your stay" thing is still vivid in my head.
You're at the airport waiting for the flight now. I thought of finishing this post up for you ASAP so that you could read it while waiting for your flight. But you couldn't online. And why....why do you have to be that evil? I was sitting here happily recalling all the memories and blogging when suddenly I got your text.
Once again, you succedded, I could feel hot waves of tears in my eyes, threatening to breakthrough. It was an awful feeling.

It's been a great week with you guys. It's my first winter break, but I know that it's the best winter break I'll ever have. I can never ask for a better one.
Since the day both of you arrived, my routine has been disturbed. I slept late, woke up late, had late breakfast. Every single activity is pushed back. I was recalling the time we chat before I went to bed.
I never realised that I could confide my troubles to you. I just blurted out all the things that I've never thought of spitting out. It was great having you around and finally I was able to get that thing off my chest.
I remembered you said you used to love writing poems. But how dare you come up with such a poem on the last night.
Tonight there's a big moon,
I'm going to leave soon.
I've already packed,
Hope you won't be sad.

Thanks, Shea shin....for :
~planning this trip~
~coming over to Adelaide to surprise me~
~bringing the sleeping bag for me to try when you knew I was suffering from chill blains~
~cooking all the good food that you've 'sort of" promised~
~accompanying me for a week~
~extending your stay~
~giving me great advices and shared your problems when I needed someone's ears~

Most of all,
Thanks for being such a great friend. We haven't really known each other for long. I don't know what I've done in my whole life that I deserve to have a friend like you. I've really learnt a lot from you for the past week.

Once again,thank you...from the bottom of my heart. I can never be more grateful and touched.
ps: You'll be surprised of how many things I can remember :)

So it's already midnight now. It's passed my bedtime again :) I'd have to readjust my body clock after today.
It's the first time I sat in front of the computer for two whole days just to finish up a post. My eyes are really tired, but it's worth it :)

~The past week has been phenomenal, it was like a dream come true~

ching

*ching*
7:22 AM





Profile




~~~hui ching~~~
~~16 Feb~~
~~loves the environment~~ ;)
~~♥ light purple~~
~~♥ chocolate~~
~~♥ music~~
~~looking forward to pursue my dreams~~

LOVES & HATES

♥ ~ colours
♥ ~ sweet stuff
♥ ~ listening to soft music
♥ ~ falling asleep with the rain pouring outside
♥ ~ spending some time alone yet ♥ gatherings
♥ ~ nature
♥ ~ sunset and sunrise
♥ ~ my family and friends
♥ ~ fond memories

X ~anything that breaks the peace in this world

Tagboard



Links

choa rong
hui inn
shueze
jingshi
pei mun
melissa
melissa
eeling
xing leng
grace chen
tanya
sheah yee
yu fai
charlene
shea shin
fms
li kee
thomas
jia cheng
zhen
yean yee
yuan ren
elysia
samantha
jeshua
weeli
joanna
M
L
annie
shangshen
wei fen
avril
meiwah
alison

Archives

August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
November 2011

Credits.

zero one two three four
basecode

Music


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com