<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5405066677901398982?origin\x3dhttp://gleamofmoonlight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </head>

The Gleam of Moonlight

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Summer Life in Adelaide


So it's been three weeks plus now since I've reached Adelaide and it has just turned AUTUMN!! Many of my  friends have asked me the same questions: "So how do you find Adelaide?" And you know what? I don't really know how to reply. I was too homesick and lonely to find this quiet and peaceful place lovely at first. But I guess I'm starting to get used to it now. But I still have to slowly adapt to the weather here because it's soooo dry and the wind is strong I'm telling you! I can really fly off during winter. So these are all the places I've been to and what I did for the past 3 weeks :)

Frying egg with ham,haha. Finally the girl guide skill I've learnt for the past 5 years has come in handy. Otherwise,melissa and I will starve to death.

We've been surviving on pasta for the first few days as we want to finish the sauce ASAP...and...coz that's all we have,haha. What to do? We have to save all we can here. I still couldn't get rid of the thought of converting when I'm grocery shopping. :(

FRIED RICE! from the leftover rice we've eaten with soya sauce chicken with potato. This is the very first time I've cooked chicken myself and it turned out to be...EDIBLE la...

Melissa,her mum and I went to this dumpling shop in chinatown and I was quite surprised to see so many locals there. And I thought dumplings were something that only the chinese will like. And guess what? the portion was so big or should I say that we're small eaters, we had 2 bowls of noodles shared between 3 person and yet still have some leftovers to be takenaway and have it for dinner. God...

Me and Mel~~ At the Adelaide Fringe Festival.

~Take 2~

Look at the crowd!!! I couldn't even see what's in the parade..

The lights on a building at night which changes it's colour every few seconds.

Look at the LOLLY!!! awww..so tempting~It's actually strawberry coated with chocolate with candy toppings on it. I had this at the O'week (orientation week) party. And there's popcorn,all kinds of fruits and even fairy floss! (another name for cotton candy,haven't had that since I was a kid :P) They were soooo good! Why couldn't we find this in Malaysia?

Glenelg Beach :) The first beach we've been to with other friends from msia and hong kong. The beach was awesome. Luckily we reached there in the evening,so it's not too hot and the breeze was cooling. Feels great and comfy to be able to go to a beach again after a year.
Melissa : OhHHH my god, hot guys!! Hui Ching~~~ hot guys!!!
lol,wake up Mel!!! They're not meant to be yours. *grinning* I'll help you find one with blue eyes and dimples...but shhh...keep it down,u don't wanna get busted by your mum ;)

Having dinner at the guys' apartment. Mel, JC, Patrick, Jonathan, Phoebe (my housemate) and Alfred (holding the camera)
The world has changed I'm telling you! Guys cook and girls don't anymore. haha.

~The Northern Lights~
Now you know why Adelaide is called the town of festivals.

Playing with shadows..so kiddy :P

I just LOVE PURPLE!!!!


Awww..I love this too! The light is being projected onto the walls of the building making the buildings look as if they were being painted!!

And actually all the buildings are all just brown in colour in the morning.

Hehe,3crazy kids painting the town red in the middle of the night in such a cold weather. Laugh all you want, ang mos~~ :P

ps: We met a guy greeting us saying : " don't worry, I'm just a drunk south australian~" lol...what the?
Well, to conclude, the majority people here are friendly, but there're still some who are cranky and rude. But there's definitely more tranquility and less air pollution here. And oh,I feel safer here too..cheers :)

And I thought I couldn't find Malaysian food here..look at this! We went over to my uncle's friend. aunty esther's house to celebrate chap goh mei with nasi lemak,curry fish,curry chicken and sweet chilli toufu. They were sooo delicious! After that, aunty esther even made us teh tarik to go with the mouthwatering coffee,coconut and chocolate biscuits! Aunty Esther said she might consider catering for international students from now on. I bet she can make heaps with that. *winks*

~Uncle Goh,Aunty Esther and some other people from church~
I'm really thankful and grateful to them. They've been so nice and generous to us eventhough they've only known us for a day. If it's not for them,I'll still be homesicked.
But I'll still miss your cooking, mum :)
Thank You

*ching*
4:54 PM





Profile




~~~hui ching~~~
~~16 Feb~~
~~loves the environment~~ ;)
~~♥ light purple~~
~~♥ chocolate~~
~~♥ music~~
~~looking forward to pursue my dreams~~

LOVES & HATES

♥ ~ colours
♥ ~ sweet stuff
♥ ~ listening to soft music
♥ ~ falling asleep with the rain pouring outside
♥ ~ spending some time alone yet ♥ gatherings
♥ ~ nature
♥ ~ sunset and sunrise
♥ ~ my family and friends
♥ ~ fond memories

X ~anything that breaks the peace in this world

Tagboard



Links

choa rong
hui inn
shueze
jingshi
pei mun
melissa
melissa
eeling
xing leng
grace chen
tanya
sheah yee
yu fai
charlene
shea shin
fms
li kee
thomas
jia cheng
zhen
yean yee
yuan ren
elysia
samantha
jeshua
weeli
joanna
M
L
annie
shangshen
wei fen
avril
meiwah
alison

Archives

August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
November 2011

Credits.

zero one two three four
basecode

Music


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com